Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Glass - Four Floor Letter (Black Van Mix)


I love when a group that I have forgotten about, blasts back with a stellar remix that reminds you why you liked them in the first place. Black Van is one such group that I really dug about a year ago, but since then nothing has caught my eye till this remix of the Glass's tune Four Floor Letter. With a heavy four on the floor drum beat, this remix uses a mixture of synth tones, over a deep analog bass sound that takes you on a groovy trip. What makes me a fan of Black Van, is there use of tones, and the way they approach each song. None of them are over the top electro bangers, that are a dime a dozen nowadays, but a well placed sonic groove that allows you ride along at your own pace. They have a since of groove that seems lost in today's over the top electro music, but also makes it refreshing when you do come across a group such as Black Van. I highly suggesting picking up their songs over at DFA records.

The Glass - Four Floor Letter (Black Van Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment