Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Findlay Brown-Promised Land (Villa Remix)


I never knew who Findlay Brown was until The Stallions did a amazing number of one of his tunes last year, which caught my eye and lead me over to hear what he is all about. Well I found out a few things when I did. One being I wasn’t a fan of his music but then again, I could see why many remixers were taking cracks at remixing his works, as he has a great set of pipes on him that is becoming harder and harder to find. As a struggling producer, I know how important vocals are in making your track reach that next level, so anyone with ear, would jump for joy to work with Findlay Brown’s vocals. I know I would as I think one of the hardest things as a producer is finding solid partners who have vocals to match your tunes. I know I am lucky to finally find a vocalist who has the pipes to take a song to that next level.

Here we see the duo of Villa remix the track Promised Land, which takes this track on a new ride while hinting at the disco undertones that put Villa on the map with their first releases. They use such perfect tones in this remix that accompany his voice so well, while still crafting a joyous dance tune. However, this track is not a dance floor burner, that many blogs and people overly obsess about, but just jam to play on a warm summer day, or a cold winter night that will leave you wanting more of Findlay’s amazing vocals.

http://groovebat.com/download/3am.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment